Who Can Apply?
Master students and doctoral candidates from IIT Madras.
Scholarship Amount and Funding Period
Master’s students – 900 euros per month for up to six months
PhD students – 1,250 euros per month for three to six months
After providing evidence of their greater need, single parents as well as individuals with chronic illnesses or disabilities can be awarded more funding.
Purpose of the Fellowship
- Conduct research for your Master’s or PhD thesis
- Excellent academic performance
- Strategic value for the partnership between RWTH and IIT Madras (please refer to “recommendation letter” under the heading “Application documents in English” for more information)
- August 31, 2022 for the first round of application at IIT Madras, afterwards:
- September 10, 2022 for the second round of application at RWTH
Application Documents in English
- CV with contact information (home address, email address)
- Statement of purpose with reference to the research project, supervisor, duration and expected outcome, 1 to 2 pages in total
- Recommendation letter of supervisor at home university: reference to the research project, expected outcome and/or future perspectives of cooperation
- Confirmation of supervision from host university: reference to the research project and duration of the stay, expected outcome and/or future perspectives of cooperation
- Certificate of enrollment at home university
- Transcript of grades
- Copy of passport
Incoming IIT Madras students
- Send your application documents to email@example.com, Office of Global Engagement, IIT Madras by the deadline August 31. You will be nominated by the Office of Global Engagement, IITM.
- Upon nomination, you must apply for a place via the online form for incoming students by the deadline September 10.
- If your application is successful, you will receive all necessary information for your stay at RWTH.
I recommend you to visit the RWTH fellowship website to know more about the program.