We would like to inform about the MEXT scholarship application for Graduate School of Environmental Science, Hokkaido University.
The following application is now open for October 2023 enrolment:
2023 Japanese Government Scholarship for Overseas Research Students (University-Recommended MEXT Scholarship) – Special Program for Graduate School of Environmental Science.
Overseas students with excellent academic records who newly come to Japan to study at master’s or doctoral level.
You (Applicants), not currently in school, should have the academicrecord score of 2.30 or higher from the most recent academic record.
You (Applicants), in school, should have 2.30 or higher throughout their period of attendance at school, and are expected to maintain academic standards throughout the course of the scholarship program.
In addition, you should satisfy the 2) Language level/ability.
Those who satisfy at least one of the following conditions of English proficiency.
(1) Those who acquire B2 or higher level of CEFR or the equivalent grade/score on language test of the same level at the admittance to the regular courses.
(2) Those who completed educational curriculum to fulfill the requirement for admission to Master’s or Doctoral program at academic institute in Japan, with English-medium instruction.
- Application Submission Deadline: January 13, 2023
- The internal notification date: Mid-February 2023(tentative)
- Submission of additional documents (only successful candidates of the screening): by the end of February 2023
- The final notification date: Late June 2023(tentative)
For details, please visit or contact Graduate School of Environmental Science, Hokkaido University: