We would like to inform about the Global Dialogue Series 2022 edition for a joint panel session with IIT Delhi on the topic – Innovative approaches to food security and climate change in India and Germany.
Kindly register on the link below to attend the online panel session:
Registration link: https://tum-conf.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_WLccUbmvSveSg9X5TuwRVQ
Thursday, December 08, 3.00 p.m. – 4.30 p.m. (IST) | 10.30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Munich)
The panel will give us an understanding on how agriculture plays a central role in food security; with the increasing world population and the emergence of new climate risks pose new challenges that call for the design and implementation of innovative solutions. Farmers and other agricultural actors from India and Germany are developing new approaches to generate sustainable increase in production, enhancement of resilience, and mitigation of greenhouse gases.
This session will present insights into case studies from Germany and India that present how smallholder farmers, agribusinesses and financial institutions can play a key role in delivering solutions to address climate change and food security in different contexts.
- Prof. Johannes Sauer, Chair of Agricultural Production and Resource Economics, Centre of Life & Food Sciences, TUM
- Ms. Caroline Beale, TUM alumni/ School of Social Sciences and Technology
- Garima Joshi, TUM, researcher, Chair Group of Agricultural Production and Resource Economics
- Prof. Richa Kumar, IIT Delhi, Associate Professor Sociology and Policy Studies, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Prof. Ishan Anand, IIT Delhi, Assistant Professor Economics, Department of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Roberto Villalba Camacho, TUM, Research Associate, Chair Group of Agricultural Production and Resource Economics
- Dr. Terese Venus, TUM, Senior researcher, Chair Group of Agricultural Production and Resource Economics