With the ABCD-Centre, the project partners RWTH Aachen University, Asian Institute of Technology, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, United Nations University – Institute for Integrated Management of Material Fluxes and of Resources (UNU-FLORES) and Technische Universität Dresden are joining forces in an effort to address the global challenge of water security and climate change adaptation in a systematic manner. The ABCD-Centre is engaged in three intertwined research clusters:
– Cluster I: “Water Security, Water Resources Management, Secure Water Supply and Water Treatment”
– Cluster II: “Ecosystem Resilience and Nature-Based Adaptation Measures”
– Cluster III: “Transfer Strategies for Climate Adaptation: Traditional Knowledge, Local Economies and Societal Acceptance”.
Application deadline: February 15th, 2023.
In a nutshell:
– Target group is PhD students from the Global South (ergo IIT Madras qualifies),
– Supervisor has to be from RWTH Aachen, TU Dresden or UNU-FLORES,
– Research stay at any of those 3 institutions is funded,
– Funding of up to 6 months is more likely. Thematically, it should be broadly in the area of the three research clusters as mentioned earlier.
For further information, Please look into the file given below for your information.