International Cooperative Graduate Program (ICGP) Application Form
Welcome to the International Cooperative Graduate Program (ICGP) application form, offered by the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) in collaboration with the National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS), Japan. This prestigious program allows research scholars from IIT Madras to pursue their research endeavours at NIMS, Japan, for 6 to 12 months.
To be eligible for the ICGP, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrollment: Applicants must be registered as full-time students at IIT Madras under either the MS or PhD program. Therefore, part-time/external/sponsored/QIP are not eligible.
- Academic Standing: Applicants must maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 8.5.
For PhD Students:
In addition to the general eligibility criteria, PhD applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Comprehensive Viva: The applicant should have successfully completed the comprehensive viva examination.
- Tenure Limit: At the time of application, the applicant’s tenure should be at most 3 years since registering for a regular PhD and not more than 3.5 years since registering for an MS (for MS to PhD converted candidates) or direct PhD. This eligibility criterion’s cut-off/reference date is November 1, 2023.
- Exchange Duration: The maximum exchange duration for PhD candidates is 12 months, with a minimum of 6 months required.
For MS Students:
MS applicants should adhere to the following requirements:
- Tenure Limit: At the time of application, the applicant’s tenure should have crossed at most 1.5 years since registering for an MS. This eligibility criterion’s cut-off/reference date is November 1, 2023.
- Exchange Duration: MS candidates’ exchange duration is 6 months(fixed).
Application deadline (from IIT-Madras side): 15-November-2023, the candidates must submit the application to IIT-Madras and not directly to NIMS.
Find more details regarding the nature of support and fellowship HERE. For any queries, contact Prof. Bhuvanesh Srinivasan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT-Madras.
Please Click Here to proceed with your Application Form.